(HealthDay News) – Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and it’s a good idea for kids to create their own nutritious start.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these ideas on what to include:
- A slice of whole wheat toast, served with a slice of cheese and 100% whole fruit juice.
- Milk with iron fortified cereal topped with banana slices.
- A tangerine with a whole wheat tortilla, bread or a peanut butter spread.
- Instant oatmeal topped with fresh fruit and milk, or cereal served with a scoop of frozen yogurt and fruit.
- A slice of pizza, leftover mac and cheese or spaghetti with a banana.
- Slices of cheese and apple between graham crackers or whole wheat crackers.
– Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
CONTINUE SCROLLING THE NEXT NEWS ARTICLE
See the slideshow